- Real Trends Top Teams in Maryland 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Numerous Quality Service Awards
- Governor’s Citation and Maryland Elective Citations for contribution to Maryland Homeownership Rights
- Hall of Fame (Century 21)
- Hall of Fame (Remax)
- Over 37 Years Real Estate Sales Experience
- Associate Broker
- Certified Residential Specialists
- Average Sales Over $40 Million a Year
- Both are Past President of the Howard County Association of Realtors
- Life Time Member’s of Howard County Million Dollar Club
- Certified Work Force Housing/Certified Credit Smart Counselor
- Howard County’s Association of Realtors Agent of the Year 2004, 2009, 2011
- Top Lister Awards & Top Sales Awards
- Relocation Specialists- Military, government and corporate relocation training
Patty and Kenny Smallwood are two of the most knowledgeable Realtors in the area. They were both born and raised in Laurel; Patty in Howard County and Kenny in Prince George’s County. They have been married for since 1987 and have one daughter. They reside in Howard County, Laurel. Even with their busy schedules they always took time to volunteer at their daughter’s school and long after her graduation they still volunteer at neighborhood schools and community events.
Prior to entering their real estate careers, Patty was in customer service and Kenny managed a local Restaurant/Bar. These occupations honed their people skills. Patty and Kenny have that unique ability to really connect with their customers and clients. They pride themselves on their real estate knowledge, honesty and integrity. Many of Patty and Kenny’s clients refer their friends and family. They are now selling to third generation clients. It is not unusual for them to have sold the same house two or three times for different sellers. They know the inventory of homes for sale, the neighborhood and sometimes even the neighbors.
Not only are Patty and Kenny successful in their personal business, they have been proactive in the Real Estate Industry on the local and state levels. They have both been members of the Maryland Association of Realtors Board of Directors. Kenny was President of the Howard County Association of Realtors in 2010 and 2011, a position Patty held in 2003 and 2004. They have each been named Realtor of the Year for Howard County, Patty in 2004 and Kenny in 2009 and 2011. Patty was a District Vice President for the Maryland Association of Realtors representing Carroll, Harford and Howard Counties. They both attended the Maryland Association of Realtors Leadership Academy. Patty and Kenny have been awarded certificates as Work Force Housing Specialists. They have been designated as Certified Residential Specialists. They are Certified Credit Smart Counselors, which they have taught to ESOL students in Howard County to equip these young people with the knowledge to handle credit wisely. Patty and Kenny are involved in state and local politics where they have fought for the rights and benefits of home owners, tenants and landlords.
Real Estate has always been a full time career for them. They don’t view Real Estate as a job, but truly a profession they both love and excel at. Patty and Kenny specialize in residential properties in Howard, Carroll, Baltimore, Prince George’s, Anne Arundel and Montgomery Counties as well as waterfront properties in Queen Anne County. They have been averaging over 100 transactions per year all over the Central Maryland Region.
Patty and Kenny Smallwood, along with the entire Smallwood Team, are ready, willing and able to help clients and customers through one of the most important transactions in their lives. Give them a call; you’ll be glad you did.